At Davis Library, the health and safety of our Library Users and Staff is extremely important us. We are actively monitoring information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic from the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We want to encourage all Library Users to visit of Rio Grande’s Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates page for latest details on how this pandemic is impacting operations at our institution.
Our Library Staff is working to follow best hygiene practices for workplaces by:
- ensuring that the various surfaces and equipment located in our building are disinfected regularly;
- providing hand sanitizer for patrons and employees;
- providing disinfectant wipes for those using our Computer Lab Workstations as well as other equipment;
- supporting “Social Distancing” (e.g., discouraging close or physical contact with others and large group gatherings); and
- encouraging frequent hand-washing.
We ask that all Library Users please do their part to keep the Davis Library and Rio Grande Campus Community healthy and safe by:
- not visiting the Library or Campus when feeling ill;
- using hand sanitizer before operating any Library equipment such as our Photocopiers or Computer Lab Workstations; and
- wiping down keyboards and mice with disinfectant wipes (available at the Circulation Desk) before and after use.
Davis Library has also considered the potential Library Staff illness and has also directed employees not to report to work when they are sick.
Since teaching and learning activities is our top priority, we intend to remain open along with the rest of the university. Due dates for items due during the week of March 16 – 22 will be extended and we will continue adjust those due dates as needed depending on how this pandemic situation evolves. We will continue to communicate any further Library or Campus updates in regards to COVID-19 on the Davis Library’s Website (library.rio.edu) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/jadavislibrary).
Please remember that Davis Library offers 24/7 off campus access to a large number of online digital resources. Please visit the Davis Library Website or the following links for more details:
- Davis Library Selected Resources: Articles in Periodicals & Journals
- Davis Library Selected Resources: Books (eBooks)
- Find eBooks
Additional COVID-19 resources: