A confidential medical history record must be on file at Health Services before a student can be treated. Each student is encouraged to submit a completed record before arriving on campus.
Nursing, Medical, Technology, International Students, Athletes and some other majors are required to have additional medical information.
Class absence due to illness must be documented by Health Services at the time of illness/injury. Absence from class longer than two days will not be covered by Health Services unless documented by a physician.
The Department of Health Services requires the following of all students:
- A completed "Confidential Medical History" form.
- A current Diphtheria/Tetanus or Tetanus booster (within last 10 years)
- Two MMR's (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) immunizations (for all students with date of birth in 1965 or later)
- A current (within the last 3 months) PPD ( TB skin test) or chest X-Ray
- A copy of the student's immunization record
- Hospitalization insurance information
- History of allergies - - medication and/or food
In addition, Nursing Students, Medical Lab Technician Students, Intercollegiate Athletes, and International students must also provide:
(1) Physical Examination by a physician, and (2) Documentation of Hepatitis-B series (Nursing & MLT)
- Students with chronic/long term medical conditions and students who take prescribed medications on a regular basis should include this information on the Confidential Medical History form. If the student resides in campus housing, the Student Life Coordinator (SLC) should also be made aware of such conditions.