Upon completion of the courses within the M.Ed. Program, the graduate student will:
A. Creative Activity
- Explore imagination as fundamental to human development.
- Explore the theory of multiple intelligences.
- Utilize alternative paths to acquiring knowledge.
- Incorporate contemporary technology.
- Implement creative projects for groups and individuals.
- Practice brain-based active learning strategies.
B. Personal Dignity
- Develop and help sustain personal dignity in students.
- Enrich the learning environment through personal experiences.
- Nurture a love of learning through emotional engagement.
- Nurture a love of learning through logical discoveries.
- Employ new learning theories effectively.
- Support worthwhile learning.
C. Cultural Identity
- Promote the value of self-knowledge.
- Explore personal heritage qualities.
- Compare and contrast cultures through artifacts.
- Introduce common human concerns through artifacts.
- Respect cultural identity and cultural diversity.
- Influence human behavior through the arts.
D. Authentic Assessment
- Stimulate the senses to maximize teaching/learning effectiveness.
- Effectively apply authentic, performance-based assessment rubrics.
- Prove students reach genuine understanding with functional knowledge.