The Graduate Program is unique for its course delivery methods and requirements.
Resource materials/texts are required to be in hand on the first day of class. Once you have registered for a class, find the faculty webpage for your course syllabus and view the requirements. For verification, you may email the instructor before classes begin.
The traditional face-to-face courses take place in a classroom:
- Location/room/dates/times can be located on your Student Space account after registration.
- The Graduate Program offers two learning management systems that our instructors can choose from to provide course content and communications.
- Both require a good understanding of the computer and internet.
1) The Gradforum located at http://gradforum.rio.edu
2) Blackboard located at http://rio.blackboard.com
- Once registered, students may contact the instructor to find out which delivery system they will use for that particular class.
- This method combines the face-to-face classroom instruction and online web-based learning.
- Hybrid has less classroom time and more online studying.
- Students will be given a schedule of meeting times on the first day in the classroom.