The University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College has the following scholarships available for the 2015-2016 academic year:
- Two half-tuition, four-year scholarships for an incoming student majoring in Art or Art Education. These two scholarships may also be combined into one full-tuition four-year scholarship.
- Three one-time $500 scholarships for incoming students majoring in Art or Art Education.
Students may choose to complete either a two or four year degree with a variety of concentrations, including studio art, graphic design or art education. Students also have the option of adding minors in other areas that interest them.
The University of Rio Grande offers an excellent art program, with dedicated and qualified faculty, modern facilities, and a caring family atmosphere. Students experience a wide variety of cultural enrichment activities, including numerous visiting artists and scholars, and an active social calendar. Students and faculty conduct frequent trips to museums and workshops in cities such as New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Huntington. International destinations in recent years have included China, Italy and Wales, where many students spend a semester abroad.
To apply for these scholarships, send the following documents:
- A letter of application, describing your career goals and intended major (include your contact information!)
- Two letters of reference, one of which should be your high school art teacher
- 10-20 images of your artwork, photographed or saved on disk as jpegs
Students must have completed the enrollment process in order to apply for this scholarship.
Send all materials to:
Chair, School of Fine Arts
218 N. College Avenue
University of Rio Grande
Rio Grande, OH 45674
Applications are due January 15, 2015.
If you are a student or know a student interested in applying for this scholarship opportunity, want more information, or want to schedule a campus visit, please contact Benjy Davies, Chair of the School of Fine Arts or Carrie Napora, Department Secretary.