AQIP Requirements for Students
Every art STUDENT must:
- TURN IN AN AQIP FLASH DRIVE!!
- Each art faculty will tell their students when their flash drives or discs are due. Faculty will not give students the opportunity to "fix" the flash files. It is the sole responsibility of the student to make a perfect flash files. Faculty may, at their discretion, review disks prior to this date and offer suggestions.
- THESE FILES ARE WORTH 20% OF YOUR FINAL GRADE, and will be graded with this rubric.
- Failure to turn in a flash drive or disc will not result in an incomplete. Failure to turn in a disk will result in a 20% (two letter grade) reduction of final grade. NO FLASH TURNS AN "A" INTO A "C" AND "B" INTO A "D".
Every art MAJOR must also:
- VISIT A MUSEUM!!
- or commercial gallery, and submit an original 500-1000 word reaction paper, in Microsoft Word format to each instructor. You only need to do one museum visit per semester, no matter how many courses you are enrolled in.
- SHOW YOUR WORK!!
- Or make an effort at some kind of professional development. This could take several forms—you could enter a juried competition, organize a group or solo show, complete a design job for a client, or get a commission. You only need to complete one exhibition/commission per semester, no matter how many courses you are enrolled in.
Failure to complete either of these two requirements in a satisfactory manner will result in a grade of “I” or incomplete to be entered for EVERY art course the student is enrolled in for that semester. The “I” will be removed and the appropriate letter grade entered when the student has fulfilled these requirements. Details about each requirement are linked to the left.
As stated above, these last two requirements only apply to BFA, AA-Visual Arts, and Art Education students. These activies are not required of students taking art classes for minor or elective credit.